Kantara Initiative is pleased to announce the formation of the Cloud Identity and Security Best Practices (CloudIDSec WG). Find out below how to join this exciting new group!
The core purpose of the CloudIDSec WG is to identify the overlap between the field of Cloud Computing and the Kantara federated identity programs, with a view to defining:
* How Cloud Computing can be leveraged to implement Kantara specifications (e.g. Identity Assurance Framework components) – This will define specifications for ‘IDaaS’ – Identity as a Service. What configurations of software can Cloud Service Providers implement; How can they be audited to verify compliance, etc.
* How Kantara can help advance Cloud Security best practices – Define how Kantara Assurance and Interop Programs can be applied to enhance security of Cloud environments, particularly in line with achieving compliance with Government standards and linked to Government Privacy Audit policies.
This Work Group will develop technical specifications and recommendations around:
* IDaaS design models – Technical blueprints for IDaaS based on Kantara Assurance and Interop recommendations, criteria and other related Kantara working group outputs.
* RFP templates – Enable government issues to issue tenders for IDaaS approved to their national ID requirements.
* Marketing white paper – A joint Kantara / CBPN white paper on CloudIDSec best practices.
Thanks to Neil McEvoy, founder of the Cloud Best Practices Network, who will act as Interim Chair.
For more information on the CloudIDSec WG, please visit the home page:
Join the CloudIDSec DG:
Review the Charter: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/x/ioXEAw
Mailing list archive: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/wg-cloudidsec/
Copyright Policy: *Kantara IPR Option: Patent Copyright RAND
We welcome your participation!
Technical Program Coordinator